Well, we’ve made it. The last week of the challenge here! Now is your chance to fine tune your lifestyle and give it 110% for the next 7 days. I sincerely hope each and every one of you have been seeing noticeable changes whether it be your strength, cardio, recovery, energy levels, digestive health, or physique. I’m going to sound like a broken record, but your consistency of eating healthy and staying on track is so key to seeing the results you want. A common barrier from seeing further improvements is something similar to writer’s block. In order to eat well it’s also important to have a meal ready that is both healthy and appetizing. If you’re stuck choosing chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli every day, instead try a healthy round of tacos that include ground turkey, salsa, grilled peppers and onions, and some corn tortillas. Or how about switching up that boring salad by adding legumes or choosing red peppers instead of tomatoes. Variety is the spice of life!
For those partaking in the Open this year, here are some guidelines to follow for workout day:
- Rely on familiar foods
- Limit high fat food sources
- Focus on low/medium glycemic carbohydrates throughout the day
- Hit your protein targets
- Avoid high fibre foods right before the workout
- Stay hydrated
- Consider taking caffeine 1 hour prior to the workout for an energy boost
- Fuel with protein and carbohydrates within the hour
- Aim for high glycemic foods to aid in faster recovery
- Avoid drinking alcohol right after your workout to avoid dehydration
Look forward to a wrap up article announcing the winners from the challenge!
Here’s to looking good naked!