Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squat Bowl Recipe
CHEESY BUFFALO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BOWLS Ingredients
- 2 medium spagehtti squash (6-7 inches long)
- 300g of cooked shredded chicken*
- 90g freshly grated cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds, stem, + veins removed)
- 30g chopped green onion, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for drizzling, optional
- extra grated cheese for topping
- *Use boneless skinless chicken breast in a crockpot or bake then shred. Make sure to weight the chicken uncooked first!
- method: crockpot, rotissere, baked, poached... this recipe is a great use for leftover chicken too!
- Serve with celery sticks or a veggie salad for a delicious crunch and extra veggies!
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften it up just a tad. The knife slides through way easier this way!
- Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish and line with foil.
- To prevent sticking, rub the cut side of the squash with a teeny bit of olive oil and place face down on your baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and the exterior of the squash will be visibly softened.
- The squash can be roasted and stored in the fridge for a few days if you'd like to meal prep and plan ahead for a speedier dinner. You can also make the whole shebang one weekend and pop it in the fridge until about 30 minutes before dinnertime.
- While the squash roast, cook chicken via your favorite method or squirrel away leftovers from the previous night's dinner.
- Shred your chicken and combine in a medium bowl with your cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella), hot sauce, melted butter, Greek yogurt, jalapeño, green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash bowls to release the delicious strands of squash and mix with your cheesy buffalo chicken mixture.
- Top each squash with a little extra cheese and place face-up on your baking sheet. Cover the baking dish in foil, leaving a little room at the top [like a tent!] so the cheese doesn't stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. For golden bubbly cheese, remove the foil at the end, then change oven setting to broil on high and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, a drizzle of your favorite dressing, and even extra hot sauce!