20 Minute Baked Pesto Salmon
Salmon fillets reach whole new heights of flavour when a pesto is brushed over them!
For Salmon Packs:
3 x 4 oz fillets of salmon
1 bunch asparagus (6 cups roughly)
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 medium avocado, ripe
½ bunch fresh parsley (1 cup)
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet by placing 3 sheets of tin foil on them. Make sure the tin foil pieces are large enough to cover 6-7 asparagus and salmon each
2. In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients for pesto except the olive oil. Blend on hig until creamy then slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil to emulfisy.
3. Next place 6-7 asparagus on one foil drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top the asparagus with a salmon fillet. Then smooth 1 tbsp of pesto over the top of the salmon.
4. Close the foil over the salmon and asparagus by bringing the two sides together and crinkling the edges together. Crinkle the top and bottom as well until it is closed completely.
5. Repeat for the other 2 salmon fillets. Bake for 20 minutes
6. Serve immediately
Notes: Pesto makes about 1 cup or 16 tablespoons. The nutritional value reflects one tablespoon used for each salmon fillet.